Allergen skin test (for allergic rhinitis, sinus diseases, asthma or food allergy)
Performed by prick test or intradermal skin test.
- Long-acting antihistamine eg. Xyzal (levocetirizine), Claritin (Loratidine), Allegra (Fexofenidine), Zyrtec (Cetirizine) and Atarax(Hydroxyzine) should be withheld for 7 days before.
- Short-acting antihistamine and H2 blockers eg. Benadryl, cold medicines, Zantac (Ranitidine), Pepcid ac(Famotidine) and Tagamet (Cimetidine)should be withheld for 48-72 hours.
- Nasal spray Astelin, Patanase and allergy eyedrop should be withheld for 2 days .
- Tricyclic antidepressant eg. doxepin, elavil, or amitriptyline needs to be withheld for 7-10 days.
Allergen patch test
(for contact dermatitis, cosmetic and metal implant allergy)
- Off oral steroid and not using steroid cream when tested
Pulmonary function test
- Withhold your rescue inhaler on test day
Service provided for established patients. Patient comes can walk-in for this service.
Biologics treatment (eg. Xolair, Dupixent, Nucala, Fasenra, etc)
for appropriate patients with moderate to severe asthma, atopic eczema or chronic urticariaAspirin and drug desensitization
for appropriate patientsPenicillin and drug allergy test; drug skin test, drug or food challenge, drug desensitization
is performed when clinically indicated.