Allergen skin test (for allergic rhinitis, sinus diseases, asthma or food allergy)
Performed by prick test or intradermal skin test.
- Long-acting antihistamine eg. Xyzal, Claritin (Loratidine), Allegra(Fexofenidine), Zyrtec(Cetirizine) and Atarax( Hydroxyzine) should be withheld for 7 days before.
- Short-acting antihistamine and H2 blockers eg. Benadryl, cold medicines, Zantac (Ranitidine), Pepcid ac(Famotidine) and Tagamet (Cimetidine)should be withheld for 48-72 hours.
- Nasal spray Astelin, Patanase and allergy eyedrop should be withheld for 2 days .
- Tricyclic antidepressant eg. doxepin, elavil, or amitriptyline needs to be withheld for 7-10 days.
Allergen patch test
(for contact dermatitis, cosmetic and metal implant allergy)
- Off oral steroid and not using steroid cream when tested
Pulmonary function test
- Withhold your rescue inhaler on test day
Service provided for established patients. Patient comes can walk-in for this service.
for moderate to severe asthma and chronic urticariaAspirin desensitization
for ASA-sensitive chronic sinusitisPenicillin and drug allergy test; drug skin test, drug or food challenge, drug desensitization
is performed when clinically indicated.